"Our overall goal is to improve efficiency, increase productivity, reduce costs for both the agents and the van line and improve our overall level of service.”
Shirley Sveda, Atlas’ Vice President Finance and Administration
Due to the overwhelming amount of paper that underlies each of the shipments that Atlas is responsible for making on a daily basis, there was a clear and urgent need to:
- Reduce the amount of time spent tracking down missing documentation
- Halt the rapidly growing costs associated with the physical storage of files
- Expedite the overall process so agents could receive money in a shorter time frame
- Implement a single document repository for both the US and Canada to maximize information sharing and eliminate any unnecessary communication bottlenecks
- Reduce the amount of time and money spent physically transferring paper documents between various offices
Microdea’s Synergize was selected due to its leading edge scanning and workflow features. Another major factor was Synergize’s ability to integrate with the TMW system that was already in use at Atlas. Over a two year period, Atlas US implemented the system and in late 2006, Atlas Canada began its own imaging project.
Synergize has helped Atlas:
- Move towards an electronic environment for all documentation related to a move
- Save on mailing and courier costs
- Facilitate information sharing as all documents for moves are stored in a single place and are accessible from anywhere
- Speed up revenue processing, reduce the billing cycle, and improve agent cash flow
Want to learn more about the benefits of automation? Download our free whitepaper, Making the Case for Business Process Automation in Transportation.