“Revenue Management and Chargeable Services employees really enjoy working with Synergize. It is fast, reliable and easy to learn. The windows GUI based retrieval screens practically have no learning curve."
Carol Anderson, Development Officer for CN's Revenue Management Department
Shipments had grown materially over the past decade at CN, as had the paper related to invoicing and payments. As a result, challenges emerged:
- CN’s revenue management and technical teams needed a web based document retrieval system to manage customer invoices within Chargeable Services.
- CN needed to integrate Synergize into the CN mainframe and the DB2 infrastructure used for the eBill website
Coupled with CN’s eBill platform, Synergize created an integrated document retrieval system for Chargeable Service invoices. Customers had the option of quickly viewing invoices and related documentation for services such as demurrage and detention prior to selecting online payment options. Authorized customers could easily log on to the CN website to enter, review or track their shipments to destination.
- Fewer customer inquiry calls
- Effortless document retrieval options
- No more manually faxing invoices to customers
- No more waiting for overnight document prints
- Quicker payment processing
Want to learn more about the benefits of automation and how it can improve your trucking business? Download our free whitepaper, Making the Case for Business Process Automation in Transportation.