In this video you’ll see how Synergize has helped Challenger:
- Better manage the flood of documents into their head office (both physical and digital)
- Shorten the amount of time it takes to invoice customers
- Stop staff from having to hectically work out of disorganized email inboxes
- Continue to grow its logistics business without expanding its workforce
Who is Challenger?
Challenger Motor Freight was founded in 1975 and is now one of the largest privately owned transportation and logistics companies in Canada. Challenger transports goods across North America and offers a full range of services including transportation, logistics, warehousing and distribution.
Over the past forty years, they’ve grown to over 1,000 trucks and 3,500 trailers. They also have a growing logistics division and continue to be at the forefront of technology and innovation.
Over the years Challenger has faced many common paperwork challenges. They had to:
- Manage the enormous flood of physical (and now digital) documents into their office
- Stay organized, work efficiently, and send invoices out as quickly as possible
- Try to grow while keeping head-office costs in check
Challenger needed a better way to manage their documents. Synergize provided a solution.
The Synergize Solution
Challenger has used Synergize since 2006 to digitize and automate the flow of documents throughout the organization. In particular, Synergize helped cut the time it takes to bill their clients by half. (You can read more about that story here.)
Inbox Monitoring, the tool Les refers to in the video above, is an extension of Synergize that helps organize and streamline email communications.
Inbox Monitoring prevents staff members from having to work out of inboxes all day waiting for emails to come in. Think of it like a robot that can be programmed to automatically open emails, download attachments to specific folders, and index documents based on information in the subject line.
This setup has a variety of benefits including:
- Cutting the time it takes to process incoming emails
- Eliminating the need for staff to check email constantly throughout the day
- Preventing emails from getting lost, forgotten or deleted by accident
- Allowing staff to be proactive rather than reactive
- Organizing information faster and in a more systematic way
Another thing Les mentions in the video is the ability to set up notifications. The case he mentions is for someone in billing to be notified the second a signed POD is received.
Just like Inbox Monitoring, these sorts of notifications can be used to speed up the billing process (or AP approval process), increase efficiency and reduce days sales outstanding.
As Challenger continues to grow, they continue to expand their use of Synergize because it allows them to take on more and more paperwork without adding headcount and has become an integral part of how they run an efficient and effective head office.
To learn more about how to further speed up your billing, increase your cash flow and reduce your days sales outstanding, take a look at the webinar recording below.