Working at Microdea
Our people lie at the heart of our organization. Their passion and enthusiasm are only exceeded by the value that they aim to create for our customers. Microdea is trying to change the way that companies across industries think about preserving, managing, and properly utilizing their corporate data, and we're always looking for people to help us do exactly that.
We look for hunger, enthusiasm, and energy and we want to hear from you if you're interested in helping us tackle this dynamic and growing market opportunity.
Product Owner Responsibilities:
- Own a product from the perspective of delivering features and functionality
- Lead an Agile team as the Product Owner, being the product expert
- Communicate the Product vision and direction to the Agile team
- Write clear, concise and complete User Stories, compiled via input from the broader team
- Create and manage a fully-groomed and prioritized Product Backlog
- Coordinate and own Story Grooming sessions, ensuring clarity across the broad engineering disciplines
- Ensure that identified defects are documented, triaged and prioritized in the Backlog
- Play a leading role in Sprint Planning sessions, defining the “Why” to the team
- Manage a Product Roadmap, and regularly communicate the “Why” to the business
- Participate in Design sessions in defining functional designs, prototypes and overall design considerations
- Lead the product release plans
- Participate in Product Management research and analysis
- Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends, and apply them in your role
What We Look For:
- Demonstrable experience as a Product Owner
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles
- Solid story-writing skills, demonstrating that the details of what you need to build are paramount
- Solid understanding of technical concepts, terminologies and trends
- Experience in the admin-tools of software development (JIRA, Rally, Confluence etc.)
- Experience in creating low-def mock-ups and wireframes
- Ability to easily converse across Engineering, QA and the broader business
- Good presentation skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in the Trucking industry is a plus
What’s in it for You:
- Joining a small but established and profitable company that wants to grow FAST
- Visibility & a Meaningful Contribution: You will be a key member of one of the teams helping to drive the company’s future growth. You will be able to see how your individual actions move the dial for the company as a whole
- Fun: Even though the pursuit of aggressive growth is hard, time consuming and often stressful, it’s also incredibly enjoying and fulfilling. You’ll develop a sense of accomplishment that can’t be measured in dollars and cents.
- Growth Opportunities: When companies grow, so do individual careers and skill sets. New & interesting projects, problems, opportunities, colleagues and markets will present themselves as our business continues to scale.
We’re laser-focused on the world class development, sale and support of document management and process automation software for companies across the transportation & logistics industry. For 20 years, our flagship product suite (Synergize) has helped hundreds of organizations improve their business operations by automating business processes that depend on the storing, organizing, sharing, and retention of critical corporate information. Synergize helps organizations facilitate communication and collaboration, streamline overly manual business processes, and reduce reliance on antiquated paper-based systems.
Our people lie at the heart of what we do. Every member of our team believes strongly in our mission to deliver world-class content management solutions to our clients. Given the exponential growth of data and process complexity across departments and enterprises, we believe that this need is stronger than it has ever been.
- Competitive salary, bonus & benefits package
- You’ll be based out of our Head Offices in Markham, Ontario
- Fun, super dynamic work environment in a brand new office space
- And a whole lot more
Microdea is a rapidly growing enterprise software company focused on the development, sale and support of document management and business process automation technology for the transportation and logistics sector. Founded in 1995 and headquartered in Markham, Ontario, Microdea serves a large and diverse customer base across the entire Transportation & Logistics spectrum. Learn More