If you’ve always been intrigued by the idea of joining a rapidly growing software company where you’ll have the ability to make a big impact, then this may be your opportunity. According to Canadian Business Magazine, we are the 45th fastest growing software company in the country based on our 5-year revenue growth rate. But we’re not satisfied with that – and that’s where you’ll come in.
We believe the simple observation that led to the founding of Microdea in 1995 still holds true today: Businesses today are investing in technology to improve nearly every aspect of their operations, yet they continue to rely on inefficient, manual, and paper-intensive processes that in many cases are costing them hundreds of thousands of dollars every year. Our software helps Transportation companies emerge from the information stone-age to digitally manage all of their organizational content and automate a countless number of businesses processes within a single platform.
We are investing in people to accelerate the growth of our business, and we want to partner with people who are interested in scaling alongside us. Here's a bit more about our product →
We are looking for a Business Development Representative who will be reporting directly into our Sales & Marketing Leadership team. You’ll be responsible for managing and executing on all of our ‘top-of-the-funnel’ sales activities, including prospecting, lead generation, email marketing, and early-stage lead qualification. This is a fantastic place to learn about sales, marketing, and business development, and successful candidates will have a clear path forward to move up within our growing Sales organization. Among other things, you’ll earn your stripes by:
- Uncovering needs and generating interest in our offerings via calling and emailing from lists, internet based research (self-generated lists) and pre-qualifying inbound leads
- Handing over qualified leads and early-stage opportunities to other members of the Sales Team, including booking demos & site visits
- Manage the pipeline via regular follow-ups and campaign management within our CRM
- Participate in and help drive our social media activities
- Participate in and help drive our email marketing and marketing automation activities
- You’re excited about joining a high growth company and ultimately see yourself moving up within the sales organization
- You are defined by your hustle: Nobody outworks you
- You are incredibly organized and your attention to detail is second-to-none. Managing a high volume of tasks and activities is where you shine
- You are very comfortable in front of people, and the prospect of meeting and speaking with new people every day is exciting – not terrifying – for you
- You’ve been told that you have the ability to explain complex ideas in a highly digestible and easy-to-understand manner
- You have thick skin and you love the thrill of the chase
- You’re defined by your tenacity
- Ideally, you have an undergraduate degree in Business, Commerce, or a related field
- Ideally, you have experience utilizing salesforce.com or a similar CRM platform
- Ideally, you have experience utilizing HubSpot or a similar marketing automation platform
- Ideally, you have experience within a technology or software environment
Why join us?
We’re laser-focused on the world class development, sale and support of document management & process automation solutions for small and medium sized transportation businesses, as well as departments of larger enterprises. For 20 years, our flagship product suite (Synergize) has helped hundreds of organizations across improve their business operations by automating business processes that depend on the storing, organizing, sharing, review, approvals and retention of critical corporate information. Synergize helps transportation companies facilitate communication and collaboration, streamline overly manual business processes, and reduce reliance on antiquated paper-based systems.
Our people lie at the heart of what we do. Every member of our team believes strongly in our mission to deliver world-class document management solutions to our clients. Given the exponential growth of data and process complexity across enterprises of late, we believe that this need is stronger than it has ever been.
We have 20 years of operating history, hundreds of customers, an incredibly robust base of recurring revenue, and a financial picture that you can set your watch to. We’re profitable. We’re growing fast and we want to grow even faster. We’re laser-focused on tackling a large, growing, underserved and fragmented market opportunity. We think we’ve got the best of both worlds.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive compensation which consists of a base salary and a commissioned bonus plan based on sales results
- Full benefits package and defined career progression within our Sales organization
- Joining a small but established and profitable company that wants to grow FAST
- Incredible learning & growth opportunities as you’ll be reporting directly into Sales leadership and will be interacting closely with senior Account Executives on a daily basis
Microdea is a rapidly growing enterprise software company focused on the development, sale and support of document management and business process automation technology for the transportation and logistics sector. Founded in 1995 and headquartered in Markham, Ontario, Microdea serves a large and diverse customer base across the entire Transportation & Logistics spectrum. Learn More